A warm welcome awaits you at the Old Mill. Nestling in a protected, wooded glen, the Old Mill is a restored water mill that maintains its original water wheel. Comfortably furnished inside and with a garden and lovely views of distant Loch Fada, this is a great place for a family holiday.
The Old Mill has the largest reception space - perfect for a large gathering, or a spot of impromptu Scottish dancing - of all the letting houses on the island. It also has a very specal woodland garden space, with a swing - perfect for kids to play in.
- Entrance Hall with downstairs WC
- Large Kitchen / Dining Room (table to seat 10) with everything you should require
- Spacious Sitting Room with wood/coal-burning stove, ample seating and library area
- Upstairs - all bedrooms have views over Loch Fada and the hills beyond
- 1 x master double bedroom
- 2 x twin bedrooms
- 1 x bunkroom (sleeps 2)
- 2 x bathrooms (one with bath only, one with bath and electric shower)
- Free Wifi Internet (no telephone or TV but an excellent signal for mobile phones)
- Washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Large woodland garden
- Ample car parking
Electricity is not included in the tarrif and use of such will be deducted from your deposit that you make in advance of your stay with us (see our rates page by clicking the tab above).
The stove is set with coal for your arrival - we provide 2 free bags of coal. Further coal (and usually wood) deliveries can be specially ordered through us.
We welcome well-behaved dogs (up to a maximum of 2 - more by special request only please!) with the understanding that they will not sleep in the bedrooms. (Please note that all dogs must be kept on a lead on Oransay and that all due care and respect must be taken with the local livestock.)
Our change-over day is a Saturday. Access to the house is from 16:30 pm on the Saturday of your arrival. Our guests are kindly asked to vacate the property on the Saturday of their leaving by 10:30am to allow us to clean and prepare for our next guests.
Please follow us on Facebook for latest news, updates and offers Old Mill Facebook Page