The Old Mill is a charmingly restored water-mill and a very comfortable self-catering cottage on one of the most stunning (and secret) isles of the Inner Hebrides. Nestling in a protected, wooded glen, it retains its original water wheel.
Sleeps 8 (in 4 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms and another downstairs loo). It has a large kitchen/diner and a very large reception room with plenty of sitting space and a library area well stocked with books.
Comfortably furnished inside and with a large garden and lovely views of distant Loch Fada, this is a great place for a family holiday. Dogs welcome.
- Self-catering cottage
- 4 bedrooms - sleeps 8
- Large woodland garden with swing
- Free wi-fi internet; there is no telephone or TV, but there is an excellent signal for mobile phones if you really can't escape from them!
- Loch views
- Ample parking
- Central island location
- Large entertaining space
- Perfectly placed to attend the Folk Festival, Ceol Cholasa and Colonsay Festival of Spring and Colonsay Book festival
- Birdwatcher and walker’s paradise
- Fishing permits available for the lochs
- Harbour provides shelter for boats, yachts etc
- Island cycle hire available
- Amazing walks from the front door
Perfectly placed for all local attractions:
- Kiloran Bay: one of Scotland’s finest beaches.
- The golf course
- Colonsay House’s beautiful historic gardens.
- Access (at low tide) to the RSPB-run island of Oransay and its astonishing Priory.
- Perfectly placed to access all events of Ceol Cholasa, Colonsay Festival of Spring and Colonsay Book festival
- The Harbour, the island shop, the island post office and the Colonsay hotel
- Saturday night's traditional island ceilidh (summer only) in the village hall.
What are you waiting for? Book or enquire now!
Click here for up-to-date availability
Click this link to go to our Enquiries/Booking page.
Click here for a copy of the full 'Information Pack' on the Old Mill and Colonsay that awaits your arrival.
Did you know that we have a Facebook Page? Go in via this link - Old Mill Facebook Page - and be the first to receive latest news and special offers.